Herpes usually originates in childhood, but accompanies us throughout our life in varying forms. It is interesting to note that it is only carried and transmitted by humans.
Herpes, an Immortal Virus
Around 95% of the population is infected by a herpetic disease, and most of us acquire it during birth or childhood without even being aware of it. It remains ‘in slumber’ in our body. One single infection is enough to enable this enemy to settle for life in specific nerve cells, waiting to seize an opportunity. An ordinary weakening of the immune system, stress, hormonal changes, sunrays, a lack of sleep, increased temperature, pneumonia or menstruation can be fateful.
Symptoms of the Herpes Virus:
- Red blisters filled with a white liquid, usually around the mouth, lips, cheeks, nose, genitals or anal parts
- Burning, itching, reddening and inflammation
- The problems, which last for 7 to 10 days, always begin to heal spontaneously
How to Protect Yourself…
- Eliminate contact with affected people (particularly if you have a cut or open wounds on your body)
- Prevent contact between the patient and new-born babies
- Support the immune system, e.g. with nutritional supplements containing beta glucan which is obtained by micronisation from oyster mushrooms
- Healthy lifestyle
- Reduction in the number of sexual partners
- According to many experts, good prevention also includes extracts from aloe vera, sage, red seaweed, tea tree, propolis, oyster mushrooms or reishi mushrooms
- Early treatment